Sunday 26 August 2012

Time to Smooth It

   Camp was imminent.   I was packed.  I had been counting the minutes.  Each hectic day that went by made me more excited for the overnight trip I had planned with a friend.  Which, of course, meant it didn't happen.

  I was disappointed.  But I still had a block of time at my disposal, with absolutely no obligation to do anything.  And gosh darn it, I was going to take advantage of it.

   I packed some food, water and fishing gear and hiked 45 minutes to a beautiful spot nearby.  The perfect place to sit back and Smooth It for an afternoon.

  I packed light, so the photos are just from my phone.  But I hope they will convey the peace and tranquility of the river and allow you to enjoy a virtual visit to a beautiful location.


Small Mouth Bass



Swimming Hole


“May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke


BG

1 comment: